I’m not a big fan of cheese, in fact the only cheese I love is Mozzarella. Have you ever tried Amici’s mozzarella cheese sticks? Oh my, that’s one of my favorite! It never fails to satisfy my taste buds! I usually go there whenever I crave for Mozzarella cheese sticks. But this time it’s totally different because I cooked my very own mozzarella cheese sticks at home. Oh yeah, I did it, I did it! Hooray! #LakasMakaDora
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Ala Kikay Mommy Sha
Last Sunday, I bought some mozzarella for this recipe. I’ve wanted to cook this recipe kaso I’m too lazy to do it. So, how in the world is that?! But today, surprisingly sinipag ang lola ninyo! So, guys, gals, and gays here is the easiest, quickest, simplest way to make fried mozzarella sticks at home.
Mozzarella Cheese, Eggs, Bread Crumbs, Flour (not included in the photo), and Cornstarch (not included in the photo).
And here’s the EZ-PZ step:
1. Slice thick logs of the cheese, much ticker, much better. BUT make sure the breading has covered the entire cheese stick. This will help the cheese from leaking out.
2. Beat the eggs and set aside. I used four eggs, depends how many cheese sticks you are going to cook.
3. Pour the breadcrumbs into one medium bowl, mix with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings (I used basil). In another medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
4. Dip cheese in flour
5. Then dip in egg and then coat with bread crumbs. . Once coated, dip back into egg mixture and then back into the breadcrumbs. Again, make sure the breading has covered the entire cheese stick to prevent the cheese from leaking.
Disclaimer: It took me one hour to prepare this because I want to make sure the breading has covered the entire cheese.. However, nag leak pa rin! Fail! 😦
6. Deep fry until golden brown. You may need to do this in batches of 4 or so. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. This takes just a few seconds so watch carefully.
7. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. Best serve with salsa or ranch dressing. Since, I’m too lazy to make salsa I just mixed some basil, rosemary, and pepper into Heinz tomato ketchup. It taste good though, try it! 🙂
And now here’s my very own mozzarella cheese sticks!
And that’s it pansit! I bet all the cheese lovers will gonna love this! It’s to dieee fooooor!!!! Oh my gulay! I am drooling now! Btw, I got the recipe here