At 19 months old, my tot has become more talkative than ever. He communicates well compare before. He can now answer some of my questions by saying yes or no, wag lang talaga e-eksena ang mga cars kung hindi deadma nanaman ang lahat ng tao sa mundo! I think he is so eager to talk because he is trying to cope up with all the adults around him. He’s the only kiddo in our house. I mentioned from my previous post how talkative he is and that he is indeed a HUGE talker(like her mom and dad)! Oftentimes, he talk while sleeping (sometimes he counts pa nga) and talk nonstop from the moment he open his eyes. Sometimes he garble the letter and sounds like a chinese little boy especially when he tries to sing. In fairness to him he really sings well and he knows how to follow the rhythm. Yun nga lang most of the time he has his own version of lyrics. He actually memorized all the soundtracks of his favorite cartoons from BabyTV and Disney Junior, even the soundtrack of Showtime in channel 2 and other commercials in TV. He’s very music inclined. And you know what’s the weirdest thing he does? He used to recite the alphabet while crying, as in may masabi lang talaga sya habang umiiyak. So most of the time we ended up laughing at him. Hehe
And here’s the list of Cyler’s spoken words at 19 months:
Let’s start with the sound of the animals and other things that creates sounds:
• Choo! Choo! (Sound of the train)
• Row! Row! ( a.k.a sound of the Lion. Less the “R” at the end)
• Meow- meow!
• Croak! Croak! (Sound of Frog)
• Bee! Bee! ( a.k.a sound of the car– beep! Beep)
He learned all these sounds from his favorite App, Pocoyo.
And here’s the songs that he already memorized by heart:
• Birthday Song (I taught him how to sing this song just last week. And he sings it by heart. Sometimes with matching papikit-pikit pa at the end of the song)
• The Wheel On The Bus (The best part of this song is when he says open and shut, he used to say pupuchi-pucha! Oh pero teka hindi po sya nagmumura! :p)
• If You’re Happy (He can actually clap and nod his head, but still working on stamping his feet. Naa-out of balance eh!)
• Hi-5 ost (He used to say “pa-pab” instead of hi-5!)
• Showtime ost (He said “Showta” instead of showtime)
• Jake and the Neverland Pirate ost
• Mickey Mouse ost and other Disney Junior cartoon’s official soundtrack (Yun nga lang parating dulo lang ung nasasabi nya. Hehe)
• Alphabet Song (He already mastered this song)
• A Sailor Went to The Sea (He says “chi” instead of sea)
Here’s the other words that he can actually say, although he still on his buyoy(bulol) phase:
• Oh no! (he says that whenever he stumble or drop something)
• Stop! (He usually say this when our dogs are maligalig and sometimes he says that to me every time I tickle him. Hehe)
• Mickey Mouse
• TV… Patwow! (TV Patrol)
• It’s Showta! (It’s showtime!)
• Pupuchi pucha! (Open and shut)
• Manga (But he is actually saying BANANA. This is the weirdest thing he say. No matter how we insists that it’s banana he would still call it manga! NKKLK!)
• Mommy (Yes, he can now say Mommy! With matching sigaw pa yan. Before he used to call me as Mama, he still call his Daddy as Papa though.)
• Pa-pab! (Hi-5)
• Yeyow (Yellow)
• Orange (orange)
• Pepel (Purple)
• Bwu (Blue)
• Ayus Sky-ler (Cyrus Schuyler, yes that’s his name! He can actually say it now)
• He can now actually read the letters. Before he can only recite it, but now he can actually distinguish it.
• He can recognize more colors like purple, orange, yellow,and blue. Before he only knew green, but now level up na ang bagets!
• He can solve puzzles in his favorites App.
• He likes art activity.
• He’s no picky eater anymore (prays the Lord!) although it takes him forever before he swallow what he’s eating.
• He doesn’t like sweets, which is good. Really, really good.
• He knows what’s the use of yes and no at marunong na din mamilosopo. One time I was calling him and he didn’t respond to me, so I asked him if he heard what I’m saying and he said “No!”. Ay hindi nga nya ko naririnig! My gulay kang bata ka!
• He learned the art of tantrums although he still give us his crocodille tears. I’m not sure if I will consider this as a milestone though. Hehe
• He also learned the art of running, so his more handful now. Mas nakakapagod na din habulin! As in!
• He knows how to cry now, with real tears ah. Kasi Cyler is not a cry baby, he only cry when he get hurt so badly. And he’s not fearful, most of the time I’m the one who get scared everytime he get hurt. Mas nauuna pa akong umiyak sknya. As in!
• In terms of his social skills, he’s still the friendly little boy I know. But he prefer playing with adults than other kids, maybe because he is always surrounded by adults. But as time goes by I know he will learn how to play with the other kiddos. I’m just happy because he loves being surrounded by many people.
• Aside from counting 1-10, he can now count from 11-20! Medyo sablay pa nga lang but we’re still working on it.
So far those are the things that I remember, hopefully in my next post I could jot down (or remember) more milestones. My only problem with Cyler is that we are having a hard time from weaning him in thumb-sucking. Dra. Vienne says that we can actually put chilli sauce on his thumb to prevent him from thumb-sucking. Actually, we already did that before but it didn’t work. And take note we used the real one, not the chilli sauce pero parang wala lang sa kanya ung anghang! NKKLK talaga! Hopefully we can wean him from that habit before he reach three yrs old. Sana ma-achieve namin yan ng bonggang bongga!
Cliche as it sound but I really can’t imagine how time flies. I can’t believe (or I just can’t accept) that my baby is no longer a baby. Hay. I just want to cherish every moment with my son and I want him to feel that he’s one of the greatest thing that happened in my life! And I want him to feel that he is always loved and not alone. I know time will come and he will be opting to be on his own, so when that time comes I’m pretty sure that he’s ready to face the world.
And yes, I’m looking forward for his more milestones, big or small, whatever it is I will always be a one proud Momma. 🙂