Amidst the heavy rain yesterday, I couldn’t stop myself from cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. When I woke up from my afternoon nap yesterday, suddenly I had this light bulb moment. I thought of cooking homemade crêpe for our merienda, so I googled the recipe right away! Agad agad! Wala ng patumpik-tumpik pa baka masira ang moment! Thank goodness because I got the right recipe for my homemade crêpe. And you know what’s good about this recipe? No need to use a special gourmet crepe pan or crêpe maker! A small nonstick pan will do the trick.
All you need is kasipagan and kagandahan! Choz!
Here’s a simple yet delicious crêpe batter recipe which can be made in a minutes! Making crepes at home is as easy as cooking pancakes. Yep, as easy as 1,2,3! Bongga diba?
- 1 cup all-purpose sifted flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add milk and water, whisk until well combine. Add salt and melted butter until smooth.
2. Lightly grease your non-stick skillet with oil/butter over medium heat. I suggest you use non-stick skillet to make sure the crepes wont stick and in perfect shape.
3. Pour a scoop of batter onto the pan, tilt the pan over a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
4. Cook the crêpe for about a minute or two until the bottom is light brown. Turn and cook the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Yun na!
5. Serve hot!
These versatile crêpe can be dressed up with sweet or savory toppings. You can add whip cream, fruits, nuts, veggies, cold cuts, tuna, salad dressing, chocolate syrup, or any kind of syrup to jazz up your crêpe! Oh and you can also top it with ice cream! YUMMMMMMM! Go beyond what makes your tummy happy! For our crêpe, I used melted chocolate and it taste almost like my favorite nutella crêpe at Cafe Breton! I drizzled it with lotsa chocolate droplets and a dash of confectioner sugar and viola! I died when I tasted it, it’s purely heaven! Pinky swear! I wanted to put more fruits like strawberry, peaches, kiwi, or banana unfortunately it’s raining cats and dogs (and birds and dragons!) outside so I just used whatever is available in our pantry. Anyhoot, madami pa namang next time!
So next time whip up this classic crêpe dessert at your next dinner, lunch, or merienda to end your family meal with a bang!
Happy cooking, baby! 😛