I’m pretty sure you’ve been all waiting for this recipe so here it is! This recipe got a number of likes when I posted it in IG and FB and I’ve got a lot of queries about the recipe so today the long wait is over for those who are asking. I am just really happy that this recipe turned out just the way I like it. Our entire household love this dish too most especially my husband and my mother-in-law. Mommy (my MIL) said that it taste almost like a sizzling pork, if you’re not aware that it’s a tofu then most likely you would’ve thought that it is made of pork. Cj who seldom eat tofu surprisingly like this dish too. In fact, he can’t help himself from eating it hanggang sa maubos na. It’s supposed to be for our dinner but it was gone with the wind before I knew it. Oh nothing beats the compliment that I got from my family. Btw, this recipe was adopted from Max’s sizzling tofu recipe.
Now let’s move on to the recipe itself. Eggcited naba kayo? 🙂
- 500-grams Chinese Tofu, cut into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh parsely
- a dash of pepper and salt
- 2 siling labuyo, sliced (optional)
1. Prepare a non-stick cooking pan.
2. Deep fry the tofu cubes until golden brown. Then set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine mayo, oyster sauce, sugar, bell pepper, chilli, parsely, salt, and pepper. Adjust taste accordingly.
4. Bring the mayo mixture in a low heat, stir for a minute or two until desired thickness achieved.
5. If you don’t have a sizzling plate (like me), just sauté garlic and onions in a pan, add the tofu and mayo mixture and mix well. (Note: Do not overcook the onion, it taste a lot better when it’s fresh and crunchy). But if you have sizzling plate, you can directly add the onion and garlic on the sizzling plate and mix it with tofu and mayo.
6. And that’s it! Serve while hot! 🙂
This recipe is so easy to cook and prepare. And it’s not only yummy and tasty it is also healthy! Tofu is the best and healthiest meat substitute. And did you know that consuming tofu regularly helps lower bad cholesterol? Yes it is! And it is also rich in protein too! Protein is important to our child’s growth too. So from now on incorporate tofu on your daily meal. I’m pretty sure your entire family will surely love this healthy and easy-peasy recipe just like it did to my family. 🙂