I really thought that it’s so impossible to make your own pesto sauce at home kasi feeling ko ang hirap nyang gawin but boy oh boy….. I was wrong! Totally wrong! Just a few weeks ago, I decided to make a fresh basil pesto sauce from scratch so I asked my very reliable friend, Mr. Google for the recipe. When I saw the recipe in the world-wide-web I was thrilled because the ingredients are so easy to find in the market plus the recipe was so easy to do! It’s indeed a no-brainer recipe, all you need is food processor, basil, nuts, and garlic and you’re good to go! As easy as that!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, this is available in any supermarket.
- 1/2 cup EVOO or plain olive oil.
- 1/3 cup nuts (I used Happy Peanuts in this recipe but it’s best to use pine nuts or walnuts)
- 3 medium sized garlic, minced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
For the equipment all you need is a food processor, I used my magic bullet. Oh the wonders of my magic bullet!
1. Combine basil, garlic, and nuts in the food processor, pulse a few minutes until coarsely chopped.
2. Slowly add the EVOO while the food processor is on. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. And that’s it!
Serve it with pasta, or with baguette slices, or with simple pan-fried chicken.
I also used it with my plain Bounty Fresh Top Torikatsu chicken. Transform this simple dish into a special and magical dish that your whole family will surely love!
Thanks again Bounty Fresh for my Top Torikatsu!
Bonus Cooking Tips: If you want to use your pesto sauce immediately, you can mix it with the cheese already. But your freezing it like what I did, just transfer it to an air-tight container. You can actually freeze it for up to 3 months. Then thaw and just add a cream or cheese if your about to cook it.
You can actually use this sauce in any kind of dishes, it’s up to you! Let your inner chef and creativity do the work!
Happy cooking! 🙂