Ever since I got married I told myself that I wanted to bake our own bread at home but due to my katamaran my attempt at baking bread has never been push through. Finally after three years of being married (imagine?! It took me 3 years!) I had the guts and power to bake our own bread at home. Been wanting to try this recipe but I’m too scared that it will fail fortunately my first ever attempt was a successful one! Wooohooo! I was able to bake our own bread from scratch. I bet you too can do this at home, the recipe is super easy to follow and the ingredients are available in the market.
Got the recipe from my favorite food blog Bake Happy, been following this blog since last year. I was looking for a recipe through the net when I found this blog, I was hooked to this blog ever since I started reading it. And it inspires me to try and bake more. In the original recipe the banana bread doesn’t have bread crumbs I added it because I super kaduper love bread crumbs! Anyway, let’s start now with the ingredients.
Watchunid for the Banana Bread:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup mashed bananas
Watchunid for the Bread Crumbs:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine all dry ingredients. Don’t forget to sift the flour! Set aside.
2. Cream butter and add sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Whisk in dry ingredients, fold in lemon juice and mashed bananas
4. Pour batter into a well greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 325F for an hour or until golden brown and the center is set.
6. For the crumbs, mash together flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon powder using fork. Sprinkle on the loaves.
And tadaaah! You now have you’re home-made banana bread loaf! 🙂
Bonus Baking Tips: Make sure to bake according to the time and temperature given in the recipe. Overbaking will cause a dry cake. Overbaking will cause a dryness in your batter.
Happy Baking! 🙂