It’s the start of the week again, I bet you’re preparing for this week’s family menu, right? Fret not because you can add this super easy, sarap to the bones Chicken Afritada to your family’s menu this week. Sounds good,right? If you’re an avid reader of this blog I bet you know that I’m a sucker of tomato-based dishes. This dish is super easy lutuin pero winner sa sarap! Definitely not your ordinary ulam that your family will surely love! 🙂
You know what I love about this dish? It’s healthy because tomato has lycopene plus carrots are rich in vitamin A and other veggies too! I also like the consistency and creaminess of my Chicken Afritada because some Chicken Afritada is cook malabnaw and over sa sabaw. Alright, let’s make this post short and simple so let’s start with the ingredients.
- 1/2 kilo chicken
- 2 medium carrots (cut into cubes)
- 2 medium potatoes (Cut lengthwise into 1/4)
- 1 pack tomato sauce
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 big bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- 3 small Tomatoes (dice)
- Onion and 2 clove garlic (dice)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
Easy- Peasy Step:
1. Saute garlic and onion for a minute or two, sprinkle some salt. Add diced tomato.
2. Add chicken and brown it slightly. Pour 1 cup water, tomato sauce, fresh basil, and simmer for about 15mins.
3. Then add carrots, potatoes, and bell pepper. Cooked until the veggies are cooked.
4. Add salt, sugar, and pepper to taste.
5. And that’s it pansit! Serve with a smile! 🙂
Cooking Bonus Tips: You can add more basil if you want to (this is my not-so-secret ingredient!), the basil balances the sourness of the tomatoes and it gives the dish a better aroma and adds flavor too. Plus it’s super healthy too! You can also add green peas, not a fan of it that’s why I forgo it. Hihi… So there hope it helps you!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
PS: If you haven’t joined my giveaway please join now! You still have 4 more days left, click here to join.