If you’re an avid reader of this blog, I bet you know that I’m a sucker for pasta dishes and I loooove cooking pasta. Aside from baking cakes and pastries, I also considered pasta as one of my specialties and my entire family can attest to that. I always cook pasta but I’d never tried lasagna for one reason– I’m too lazy to try it. Just having the thought of doing all the process makes me really go crazy and lazy. It’s kinda matrabaho kasi the layering and all, diba nakaka-shomad? But when I’ve tried it last week I realized it’s not nakakapagod at all. I mean it does but it’s really worth it. Minsan nauunahan lang talaga tayo ng katamaran natin.
Lasagna is one of my favorite pasta dish but I’m too scared to try it because I’m afraid that I wouldn’t get the exact taste that I want for lasagna. Thank goodness it was edible the first time I tried it. Woohoo! My family loves it even our neighbor as well as my officemates. I was supposed to bake one tray only but due to public demand I baked two more trays of my lasagna so everyone could taste it. They said it taste really good and it’s one of the best lasagna that they’ve ever tasted so far. No humblebragging ah, seryoso yan hindi lang talaga ako mukang seryoso mag-kwento. Hihi
I’m pretty sure you’re all drooling now, so let’s move on now with recipe.
Servings: 2 Trays
1 kilo ground beef
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 big white onion, chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley leaves, chopped
1 tbsp Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
1 Can Hunts Crushed Tomatoes
1 Pack (200g) Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 Pack (200g) Hunts Tomato Paste
1 Pack (200g) Hunts Pasta Sauce
3 tbsp sugar
salt and Pepper
Note: You can also use your preferred tomato sauce brand.
1. Cooked pasta, follow the cooking instructions in the packaging.
2. In a separate cooking pot, sauté garlic and onion.
3. Add beef cooked until turns brown. Add a dash of pepper and salt.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and pasta sauce then stir.
5. Add basil leaves, parsley leaves, sugar, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Reduce heat and simmer until the beef is completely cook. Add more sugar, pepper, and salt if needed to balance taste. Mix until you’ve reached your desired taste.
6. Preheat oven to 350F. Assemble lasagna by spreading about meat sauce over bottom of baking dish. Place 3 pasta over sauce, top with meat sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of pasta noodles topped with remaining sauce and mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
7. Cover dish tightly with foil. Baked for about 30-40minutes or until cheese completely melts and sauce is bubbly.
8. Let stand for 10-15minutes before serving. And Viola! Serve your lasagna with smile. 🙂
Additional Cooking Tips: You can add ricotta cheese and parmesan if you want to. Not a big fan of parmesan that’s why I forgo it in this recipe. As for the ricotta cheese, I couldn’t find any in the supermarket when I cooked this so I wasn’t able to add it in my ingredients. If you want to add ricotta cheese, simply combine it with fresh parsley. You can find ricotta cheese at Rustans and selected SM Supermarkets. But if you’re on a tight budget you can also forgo this cheese since it’s a bit pricey. I didn’t add any water in this recipe because the crushed tomatoes are a bit watery already so for me there’s no need na. Plus I also want a thicker sauce that’s why I didn’t add any water at all. For the cheddar and mozzarella cheese, I bought the slice one para mas madaling ilagay at ma-cover ung entire pasta. Using the ready-to-use cheese slices is time-saving because you don’t have to grind it anymore. So there hope it helps you!
Happy cooking! 🙂