Hallow! Hallow! Did you miss my recipe post?! Raise your left eyebrow (Uy nag-attempt syang itaas ang left-brow nya. NYAHAHA! ) if you miss this segment here in my blog. To be very honest kahit ako na-miss ko ng mag-share ng mga recipes here. This post has been sitting in my drafts for such a long time and this is the only time I was able to share it. I told you naman I have bunch of backlogs and this is just part of it. Anyway, I’m glad I was able to squeeze in some time to share this uber easy,healthy, and hearty recipe to y’all. This recipe is perfect for family breakfast because aside from the fact that it’s very simple to make this recipe is also pack with vitamins, nutrients, and energy booster that will keep you going all throughout the day! I know you’re all excited now on how to make this so let’s start now, shall we? 🙂
- Small whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup cauliflower puree
- 4 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese)
- Chopped tomatoes and parsely
- 6 cup-Muffin pan
- Non-stick cooking spray (optional)
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Coat 4 of the cups with cooking spray.
2. Hold up a tortilla and make 2 pleats by folding tortilla into a cup. Press it down on the center to make the bottom flat. Repeat with remain tortillas.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, cauliflower puree. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
4. Distribute egg mixture to four tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake until the egg is cooked through and the cheese is melted and lightly browned about 15-30mins (depends on your oven).
6. Top with chop tomatoes and parsely. Serve. 🙂
I can only consume one egg cup because this dish is light but heavy, if you get my drift. This is also a perfect and healthy snack for the family. And you can also add some bacon bits if you want to. Try to be more creative but make sure that all ingredients will really goes well. So there, happy cooking! 🙂