I’m a big fan of Gordon Ramsay, halos lahat ng cooking video nya sa youtube pinanood ko na. Ganun ako ka-elibs sa cooking skills nya. And because he’s one of my chef idol, everyday I tried to copy his recipes. He has this segment in youtube which is called Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Home Cooking and that’s where I got this Porkchop recipe.
This recipe will surely transform your typical porkchop dish into a magical dish. The ingredients are very simple andavailable in the market so it’s so easy to prepare it. You just need to marinate the pork and you’re good to go! 🙂
4 pork chops
EVOO, for frying
6 cloves garlic
Fresh or dried thyme leaves
Salt and Pepper
For the Sweet Peppers:
2 red bell peppers
1 red onion, chopped
Fresh basil leaves, shredded
1 tbsp sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. In a bowl, mix porkchop, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
2. In a medium heat, fry chops using extra-virgin olive oil then add butter.
3. Fry until it turns golden brown. Once done, set aside.
4. Sauté onion and peppers.
5. Add sugar to caramelized the pepper.
6. Add fresh basil. Then salt and pepper to taste.
7. And viola! Serve with a smile! 🙂
Btw, in the original recipe the side-dish has wine but I forgo it in this recipe since I’m not a big fan of wine. But you can add it at the pepper if you want to.
And you know what? I don’t usually eat peppers but surprisingly I really liked this one. My husband, Cj love the sweet peppers too. He told me that his officemates tasted the side-dish nung nag baon sya one time and they all loved it too. I swear masarap talaga sya! So you better try this guys! 😉
Happy Cooking! 🙂